25 Journal Prompts For Self Love~
Do you ever doubt your self-worth? Have you ever felt as if you weren’t good enough? I understand what this feels like and I want to share these 25 journal prompts to encourage self-love that have helped me on my own self love journey.
What exactly is self-love?
Self love is about showing yourself the same love that you give to others. Think about how you treat your family, your friends and loved ones. I’m guessing you wouldn’t speak to them and treat them how you treat yourself.
Self love is being able to stand before a mirror and love the person before you rather than picking faults with yourself. It’s about embracing the things that make you unique and loving these differences.
You might be thinking why do I need self-love? Well, that’s because self-love is important. It is important for your mental, physical and emotional health.
When I was first introduce to self love by my therapist, I couldn’t get behind the idea of liking myself let alone loving myself. I could not understand why it was necessary.
Then one day, when I was going through a low patch after a breakup and generally being very self critical, I realised something.
I am the one person I have to spend the rest of my life with. The one person I spend every waking moment of every day with. I am stuck with me no matter what.
And it would be a hell of a lot easier to like that person rather than hating them.
How to use journal prompts for self-love.
First of all, let me explain how using these journal prompts will encourage self-love. These journal prompts will encourage you to be kind to yourself, to listen to yourself and best of all, allow you to be a god damn human being.
To get started with these journal prompts, grab a notebook and pen.
I recommend using one journal prompt a day as this will help you get into the habit of journaling without overwhelming yourself. Make your way down the list everyday, writing and answering one question everyday.
In 25 days, you will have a better understanding of yourself in order to show yourself more self-love
If you’re completely new to journaling and want to start a journal to improve your mental health, check out this post here. It’s the perfect guide for beginners.
25 self-love journal prompts.
Here is 20 self-love journal prompts to encourage self-confidence.
- What 10 things are you good at?
- What 5 things do you love about yourself?
- What part of your life are you happy with?
- Write three things that you need to forgive yourself for.
- Write a list of things you are grateful for.
- What 5 things make you happy?
- What 3 positive habits do you want to start?
- What does my dream life look like?
- How do you practice self-care?
- How do you show yourself love?
- What makes you feel loved and cared for?
- What is your favorite physical feature?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- What is your biggest achievement?
- What makes you unique?
- What does self-love mean to you?
- What memories make you feel loved?
- What is in the way of your self-love?
- What brings you peace?
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
- How do you spend your time alone?
- What aspects of yourself do you need to show more love?
- What do you wish you could do every day?
- Who makes you feel loved and cared for?
- What three things do you love about your personality?